Finally made it through all the strawberries. This accomplishment did not come without some failures.
- Strawberry Balsamic Onion Jam – This turned out awesome! We anticipate serving it with some phyllo wrapped goat cheese and mixed into cold chicken salad sandwiches.
- Strawberry Champagne Jam – The first batch turned out perfect. The second batch is a little too loose, but is really tasty. I think it will be fantastic with ice cream or angel food cake.
- Strawberry Preserves – Spot on!
- Frozen for use throughout the year – At least 18 bags frozen.
- Mini Strawberry Pies – Sadly, these got the boot so I could make more preserves.
- Individual Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris – Finished these last. Only froze 7 because I had to drink one as a treat to myself! (Recipe below)
* makes 2 drinks
– 4 cups hulled and halved strawberries
– 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
– 3/4 cup white Rum
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1-2 cups ice cubes
– Blend everything together in your blender and enjoy!
Lindy where did you bulk buy your strawberries? Awesome work!
Sent from my iPhone
Hey Beth. We bought them through the Fruit Club (https://www.facebook.com/thefruitclubtruck/?fref=ts). Next shipment is pineapple, I think. We’ve gotten cherries, grapefruit, oranges, etc. Quality has always been great.