OUR CSA IS CLOSED FOR THE 2021 SEASON.
We are excited to offer CSA baskets for the 2021 season. The picture above was one of the September 2020 baskets, to give you an idea of what you might get in your summer/early fall weekly baskets.
How do I sign up for a CSA basket?
We are offering three ways to reserve your basket this season.
1. Let’s wrap this up today. Click here to pay today and save $15.
2. I want to pay in installments. Click here to pay $200 today and the rest within the next two months.
3. I prefer paper. If you want to send us a check as payment, go for it! Our address is listed below.
115 N Madison Ave
Pierre, SD 57501
What do I get with my CSA basket?
- The first 10 people to sign up, receive a fridge magnet of the photograph above.
- 15-17 weekly produce baskets over 22 weeks
- First basket target: week of May 9
- Last week target: week of October 10
- Over the course of the season, we prioritize CSA baskets, making sure you get first dibs on our produce.
- Why 22 weeks? This allows us a few weeks to give everyone a breather. Time for you to catch up on unused produce and time for us to catch up on farm activities.
- Access to a private Facebook CSA member page
- Didn’t catch the name of that frilly green lettuce-looking thing? No problem. B&G Produce posts pictures of all items in your basket each week.
- B&G Produce posts pictures and recipes during the week.
- Members can share pictures and recipes they are making with their produce.
- Two invites to end-of-the-season party at the farm.
- Open invite to visit the farm, during the season, to see your vegetables growing. We just ask that you plan the trip ahead of time through B&G Produce.
Where and when do I pick up my CSA basket?
We offer two CSA basket pick up options in the Pierre area and one in Highmore, based on first sign up, first choice. When you pay online, you’ll select your location. If you send a check, please include your location selection.
- Tuesday | 5pm-6pm | location TBD
- Saturday | 10am-noon | Capital City Farmers’ Market
- Tuesday | 5pm-5:30pm | Jan Busse Ford
If you are unable to pick up your share, you will need to arrange for someone to pick it up for you. Any shares not picked up will be donated or composted.
Who grows the vegetables?
We’re so glad you asked! Matt and I helped start the Capital City Farmers’ Market in 2009, the same summer we got married. And, we’ve been excited about vegetables and fruit since then!
We grow all of your vegetables on about 2.5 acres on the farm I grew up on. My parents live in the house I grew up in and wave to Matt as he makes his way to the garden plots each morning.
Happy earth, happy vegetables. Although we are not certified organic, we have been growing our vegetables and nurturing the soil using organic measures for almost a decade. Happy, healthy vegetables taste better.
Why purchase a CSA basket?
By purchasing a CSA basket from B&G Produce, you are supporting us in our off-season. Your purchase helps ensure we can purchase seeds, growing material, and other items needed for our upcoming season. Also, you just became one of the cool kids…you know, the ones who love and respect the earth and whole foods. Congrats!
Interested in splitting a share? Let us know if you’d like to split a share with someone. We will connect you with others interested in splitting a CSA share. It will be your responsibility to work together and decide how you want to split the share.
Want to support us, but your way? Purchase a $450 gift card so you can buy produce as you want it, and also get two invites to our end-of-the-season party at the farm!
If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com.